Andhra Lutheran college of Education, Guntur is established in 1965 at Andhra Christian college premises. It is a Christian Minority Educational Institution. The Government of Andhra Pradesh has issued a permanent minority certificate on 27-07-1999. The Andhra Lutheran College education is being run by Management of Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church, Guntur registered under the societies Act. The Department of Public Institutions of the Government requested the Management of the Andhra Christian college, Guntur to open B.Ed. section in 1950. Since then the B.Ed. course section functioning as one of its Departments of instructions. In view of the growing educational needs and demands of community, the Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church has decided to constitute the B.Ed. department as an independent and separate collage named as Andhra Lutheran college of Education in 1965 and it is affiliated to Andhra University.
The Andhra Lutheran college of Education is provided a separate three storied building by the Management in UHL Oswald compound, Brodipet, Guntur in 1970. The college offers one year post graduation course leading to the master Degree in Education from the academic year 1972-73 batch. The M.Ed.course in summer vocation was also started in 1976. Acharya Nagarjuna University recognized the Andhra Lutheran College of Education as the research centre in the field of education leading to M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees. Girls admission was opened in 1986. From 2015 one year B.Ed. degree course was converted into two years course. Since 1977 our college is affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University.
The vision of A.L.College of Education is to transform and transfigure the students to be empowered teachers who engage teaching as a service and a sacrifice to save the learner from the darkness of evil and lead towards the light of wisdom.
1. To motivate student teachers to become transformative teachers who demonstrate faith in their thought, wisdom in words, courage in deeds and service as a symbol of their life.
2. To mould the self to fully functioning personalities who integrate cognitive and affective talents in the classrooms to make learning a pleasant experience for the learners.
3. To extend the teacher education services to the community for the well-being of the society
4. To explore the educational scenario to supplement, support and intervene in the educational sphere to make it more effective.
5. To promote quality of Teacher Education in the light of a Christian understanding of the world and society.
1. To impart quality education, imbibed with Indian ethos and enriched with universal values.
2. To mould the teacher trainees as intellectually competent, psychologically integrated and morally upright social beings.
3. To train them as responsible citizens of our nation who champion the cause of justice, love, truth and peace.
4. To emancipate them from the clutches Darkness to Light, true freedom and fraternity.
The Management believes that secret of success of our college is a community of teachers who are committed to their vocation by being professionally competent, spiritually mature, humane in dealings, and ever open to new horizons of knowledge.